DIRECTOR OF TAX (754)
Req Id 754 - Posted 09/15/2011 - FINANCE/ACCOUNTING - Corporate - United States - wisconsin
- Oshkosh - Office - Full-time
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles
and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Oshkosh Corporation is an International Corporation and proudly employs approximately 12,400 employees in all business segments.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Reporting to the Vice President of Tax, this person will be responsible for coordination of federal tax compliance, IRS, federal quantitative tax projects and related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage Federal Tax compliance
* Responsible for Federal Quantitative Tax Projects such as DMD, R&D Credit, and inventories for final review by Senior Director of Tax Planning
* Primary liason with IRS and coordinate all communications between Tax Team members and IRS
* Responsible for federal component of quarterly tax provisions including temporary and permanent federal book-tax differences and deferred tax balances
* Forecasting federal taxes for purposes of monthly cash forecast, quarterly estimated payments and extension payment
* Responsible for federal tax depreciation, gain/loss etc. working as primary tax liason with OSK fixed assets shared services
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
* 10 plus years related experience
* Master of Science in Taxation (MST) or Law Degree
* CPA/MSR certificate
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.